- Personal Capital > Venture Capital
How: Fund high-potential creators directly and share in all their success.
- Think: 360 Deals for Creators.
- Funding is attached to the person, not the project.
- Investors earn a percentage of future equity and/or revenue streams.
Investors: Back creators’ whole portfolios.
- I want to raise a fund to support creators directly and let them build whatever they want.
- See: Founder Accelerator
Creators: Get funded pre-idea and be free to do your best work.
- Build your own portfolio of products, services, and/or media.
- Don’t go all-in on one startup. Diversify your revenue streams.
The 4 Types of Personal Capital:
High-Risk Investing = Idea Capital
High-Risk Incubating = Founder Accelerator
Low-Risk Investing = ISAs
Low-Risk Incubating = Full-Stack Schools
- Incumbents: Student Loans
Personal Capital is on my list of solutions to the World’s Biggest Problems.