Idea: A community where it’s cool to discuss:
- 🌎 Changing the world.
- 🚀 Ideas for new inventions.
- 🧑🔬 Science that saves lives.
- 💸 Maximizing effective altruism.
Motto: “A friendly place to talk about serious ideas.”
There have been so many great groups of thinkers, writers, and artists in history:
- Examples: Platonic Academy, Bloomsbury Group, The Factory.
- What clubs like this exist now?
Problem: Too many of the world’s smartest people are pessimists.
- It’s easy to predict that an ambitious project will fail.
Solution: Make it cool to be an Ambitious Optimist.
- We choose to be optimistic not because it is easy, but because it is hard.
Key: Meet in person as much as possible.
- See: Utopic Live
Our People: Ambitious Optimists
- Our Mission: Solve the World’s Biggest Problems.
Our Enemy: Cynics
- See: Fuck The Cynics
Vision: Create a Pax Internet.
- Organize a powerful movement to spread peace and prosperity to all.
Why: Launch the Utopic movement!
- Ambitious Optimists make their part of the world more utopic.
- Utopic Live brings utopic people together in person.
- Utopic Club organizes a community of utopic people.
- Utopic Show spotlights utopic people and projects.
Utopic Club is one of my solutions to The World’s Biggest Problems.
- This idea is a work-in-progress. If you’d like to riff on it, hit me up @neilthanedar on Twitter.